Learning activity for ages 0-4
What you will need:
Some of the following (or similar):
- a book to open and close
- coins to shake
- hands to clap
- paper or foil to crumple
- a backpack or clothes with a zip
- paper to tear
- a saucepan and spoon to bang
- anything else you might have to make sounds
- a basket that you can cover to keep the sounds inside!
What to do:
1. Take each item and help your child find the sound it makes.
2. Talk about each sound. “Is it a quiet sound or a loud sound?”
3. Put all the items in the basket or box.
4. Sit back-to-back with your child.
5. Make one of the sounds and see if your child can label what it is, without looking.
6. Take turns to make and guess what the sound is.
Fun At Home – FUSE – Department of Education & Training FUSE – Department of Education and Training Victoria