- 1 tsp unsalted butter (roughly chopped)
- 500g chicken thigh
- 1 onion (finely sliced)
- 1 large garlic clove (crushed)
- 2 tsp ginger (finely grated)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp coriander (finely chopped)
- 1 tin canned diced tomato
- 3/4 cup chicken stock (liquid)
- 1/2 low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat thickened cream
- 2 cups steamed rice
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan on medium and add half the butter.
- Add chicken and onion and brown for a couple of minutes.
- Remove mixture from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to low and add remaining butter as well as the garlic, ginger, cumin, garam marsala, cardamom and coriander.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes before returning chicken to the pan, along with the tomatoes and chicken stock.
- Increase the heat and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes before adding yoghurt and cream.
- Heat through and serve on rice.